July 26, 2023 – New York, New York, USA: The Routing Company (“TRC”), a global on-demand vehicle routing and management platform partnering with cities to power the future of public transit, today announced Pingo Analytics™ – its next generation customer transit analytics and reporting tool, powered by Metabase. With Pingo Analytics™ – now available globally – TRC offers best-in-class customer data access.
Metabase is an open source business intelligence tool that provides powerful data visualization, exploration, reporting, and analysis. These reports are customizable to meet National Transit Database (or “NTD”) reporting requirements.
“TRC understands the importance of data-driven decision making in operating an efficient and reliable service, and has been relentlessly focused on improving our customer experience since inception,” said James Cox, Chief Executive Officer, TRC. “Data management is no exception. With Pingo Analytics – leveraging one of the most powerful open source data management platforms in the world – our customers now have access to the most superior analytics and reporting.”
Pingo Analytics™ is a direct result of customer collaboration and market listening, gained through more than 100 unique data requests since TRC’s inception. For example, TRC examined unique needs per service area and integrated findings into reports, including analysis of tourist versus locals usage, on-time-performance, trip fulfillment, app versus call center usage, prebook versus on-demand trends, online driver hours and detailed shift information, pickups per driver per day, and more.
By leveraging Metabase for data management, Pingo Analytics™ offers multiple advantages:
- Customer dashboards and analytics are now fully embedded in the Pingo Dashboard™ operations management tool, rather than requiring separate access;
- Customers can request and create fully custom reports, including customizable charts and the capability to build custom reports;
- Customers can view all metrics in one place, and can download and customize data when choosing to send reports to users;
- Data can be viewed for multiple fleets simultaneously – including rider, driver, and vehicle activity; and
- Analytics have been overhauled, embedded, and are more comprehensive than ever.
When customers partner with TRC, they gain a software solution and a partner invested in making their service a success. Using its team of world-class data experts, TRC analyzes data to identify challenges and areas of improvement to better meet customer goals.
“Providing next generation analytics directly empowers our customers to focus on continuous improvement, and make decisions based on deeply comprehensive, real-time data,” said Pandora Shelley, Vice President of Operations, TRC. “Every operator appreciates the ability to access, analyze, and report on the highest integrity dataset possible. And now, they can use Pingo Analytics to build greater operational efficiency while contributing to a smoother rider experience.”
Pingo Analytics™ combines rider, driver, and dispatcher service insights with analytics from Metabase and TRC’s in-depth product and environmental knowledge to identify the most efficient service possible.
In addition to custom reporting, Pingo Analytics™ delivers standard data on daily operations that is critical to operational insight, including:
- Driver specific view of trips, ratings, and on-time performance, filterable by any time,
- Conversion of weekly report metrics to monthly, quarterly, or yearly reports,
- Analysis of passengers moved by hour of day and pickup location,
- Custom fleet charts (which can be saved per fleet),
- Custom views of on-time performance,
- Analysis of “busyness” and on-time performance of specific pickup locations by time of day,
- Analysis of passengers per hour by different time ranges, and
- Frequency of routes selected by origin and destination.
TRC’s award-winning Pingo platform includes the Drive Pingo™ and Ride Pingo™ apps and the Pingo Dashboard™ operations management tool, which together provide on-demand, paratransit, fixed, and flexible transport that enhances ridership of existing transport networks. Pingo has moved over 400,000 passengers to date.
To learn more about Pingo, visit theroutingcompany.com/ride-pingo. To connect with TRC, email email@example.com.
Founded by MIT researchers and rideshare industry veterans, TRC is a global on-demand vehicle routing and management platform that partners with cities to power the future of public transit. Leveraging proprietary and unrivaled artificial intelligence, TRC delivers routing from multiple points of demand to one vehicle while enabling greater transit equity, accessibility, cost efficiency, and sustainability. Its leading product, the Pingo™ app, offers on-demand or advance trip requests and can operate in on-demand, flex, fixed, or paratransit mode.
With a team spanning nine countries, TRC directly supports international operations and customer growth through hubs in Canada, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Learn more at theroutingcompany.com.
Vice President, Marketing & Policy
Chief Executive Officer