Group riders at spots that work for you
Pingo Venues™ gives operators a new level of control over land usage. It allows you to define a part of your on-demand service area as a “venue”.
Within that area, all ride requests can be routed to one or multiple specific point(s).
The feature can be configured so that:
- only pickups will be routed to the specific point(s);
- only dropoffs will be routed to the specific point(s); or
- both pickups and dropoffs will be routed to the specific point(s).
It can be used, for example, to drive people to a nearby fixed line transit hub or other point of interest.
Easy for riders
- In the rider app, the user will be alerted prior to putting in their pickup request that they will need to walk to a different pickup point if their requested pickup location is within a venue. A walking path will be displayed to the rider to help them safely get to that pickup point.
- If the rider requests to be dropped off within a venue, they will also be alerted prior to putting in their request. When they are dropped off, they may have to walk a bit to get to their final destination.
Easy for operators
- Fleet managers can create venues easily via our dashboard. Using the dashboard, managers can draw the venue location on a map and set the pickup/dropoff point.
“It was and is the best way to travel around Bainbridge.”